Posted originally on Read.Breathe.Relax.
I love bookish quotes!! Here are a few of my favorites from different genres and times.
Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from YA Books
1. “And, I swear in that moment, we were infinite.”- From one of my faves, The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
2. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” - From Anne of Green Gables. Anne is deep, ya’ll.
3. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”- John Green, you are SO RIGHT. I love how true this quote feels!!
4. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” - From Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Gah! This is taking me back. I must do a re-read soon!!
5. “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” - From Pride and Prejudice. I love this because it’s so funny and true for Austen’s time…and ours. She’s so witty, and I love treasuring these little one-lines.
6. “In new situations, all the trickiest rules are the ones nobody bothers to explain to you. (And the ones you can’t Google.)” -From Fangirl. HA! SO TRUE!
7. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” -Crush me more with your wisdom Stephen Chobsky!! Another gem from The Perks of Being a Wallflower that I couldn’t leave out!
8. “Don’t be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live.” -From Tuck Everlasting. One of my favorite books of all time. So poignant and memorable.
9. “There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” -From The Truth About Forever. If anyone knows angst, it’s Sarah Dessen. Every one of her books has one of these amazing quotes about relationships and love.
10. “Without a filter, a man is just chaos walking.” -From The Knife of Never Letting Go. Doesn’t this quote make you think of like hardcore rock music and like a dude walking powerfully in the dessert?? I have a vivid imagination, what can I say??
What are some of your favorite quotes from books?